Homeowners Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for insurance coverage in Burbank, Santa Clarita, Palmdale, Glendale, Los Angeles and Throughout California?
Click below to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Homeowners Insurance Information
Purchasing a home is an exciting and rewarding accomplishment for you and your family, but it also creates many new risks and exposures. Given the significant financial stake that you now have in your property, it’s necessary to acquire adequate home insurance to protect it financially.
With over 40 years of experience helping individuals, families and businesses in the Burbank area address their coverage needs, Rotunno Insurance Agency is well-equipped to provide you with an optimal home insurance policy.
What Is Home Insurance?
As its name may suggest, home insurance is a type of coverage focused on helping homeowners protect their property. After acquiring a policy, you will be responsible for maintaining coverage by making regular premium payments (e.g., monthly). By doing so, you can rely on access to financial resources that may be critical in the wake of many common incidents, such as the following:
- Falling objects (e.g., tree limbs)
What Does Home Insurance Cover?
Home insurance, also known as homeowners insurance, protects more than just the physical structure of your residence. While these policies can often be customized to suit your circumstances, a good policy may include coverage for the following:
- Primary dwelling—If a covered event damages the structure of the building you live in, including its roof, walls, foundations and attached garages, your home insurance may be able to pay for repairs.
- Additional structures—If you have other structures on your property besides your primary residence, such as a detached garage, gazebo, shed or guest house, your policy may also cover these.
- Possessions—This coverage can provide financial assistance if a covered hazard damages or destroys the contents of your home, including electronics, furniture, clothing and other valuables.
- Liability—If an incident occurs on your property that causes bodily injury or property damage to a third party, such as a guest or neighbor, this coverage can help pay for their losses and your court costs.
- Loss of use—This coverage may help pay for expenses and damages arising from temporarily vacating your home, such as hotel lodging and restaurant meals.
How Much Home Insurance Do I Need?
Home insurance is usually not required by law, but if you have a mortgage, your lender will likely require you to carry coverage. As you shop for a home insurance policy, consider acquiring enough coverage that you won’t have to pay out of pocket for the following:
- Repairing or replacing important possessions
- Additional living expenses if forced to leave your home
- Covering damages of other parties for which you are at fault
How Much Does Home Insurance Cost?
Like most types of insurance, the cost of sufficient home coverage may vary significantly. To determine your premiums, insurance providers generally consider the following:
- Construction details (e.g., building materials, age)
- Property details (e.g., security features, valuable possessions, swimming pools)
- Policy details (e.g., coverage limits, endorsements, deductibles)
Get the Right Coverage
For many people, owning their own home may be a dream come true. Unfortunately, homeownership does not guarantee a happy ending on its own. A sufficient home insurance policy is necessary to protect yourself, your family, and your property. Even a single incident could lead to devastating damages and irreparable financial consequences if you do not have adequate coverage.
At Rotunno Insurance Agency, an integral part of our mission is ensuring that doesn’t happen to you. Our agents have the expertise and dedication to assess your home insurance needs and build an optimal policy that will protect your family, finances and future. Contact us today to get started.